This was one of my favorite desserts as a little girl. One year I kept asking my mom when we could have it again. I suspect in the hopes I would forget about it, she told me we could have it in the spring. Well, I didn't forget, and every year when the weather started warming up I started asking for this dessert!
This is a no bake dessert and the only thing that needs to be prepped in advance is that you need to thaw out the whipped topping.
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 sticks of butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
4-5 bananas, sliced
1 large container whipped topping, thawed
1 small jar (6 oz.) maraschino cherries
1 large can crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1. Melt one of the two sticks of butter. Mix with the graham cracker crumbs and pat down in a 9"x13" pan.
2. Cream powdered sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla. Pour over the graham cracker crust.
3. Pour the drained pineapple mixture over the top and spread into a layer across the previous layers.
4. Cover the pineapple layer completely with sliced bananas.
5.Cover bananas with a layer of whipped topping.
6. Top with chocolate syrup, cherries, and nuts, if desired. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
I hope you enjoy it! It is so easy to make and so tasty. Have a great day!
Party time!! Sharing here: